Saturday, October 13, 2018

The 2018 Pitlochry Highland Games




A man in a kilt....... finish the phrase.
While attending the Pitlochry Highland games (September 8th 2018) recently I found myself surrounded by six lovely lassies from Germany, curious to know what a Scottish festival was all about and what the most important event was. I pointed out that the most important events were equally the pipe bands, the dancers and the athletes. These events are essentially what a Scottish festival is all about. At these games there was also track and field events and cycling competitions but as I said not as important as the first three. Here in Scotland there are hardly any clan tents set up and no music tents. Believe it or not I was only one of a handful of spectators wearing a kilt not including the dancers, pipe bands and athletes. I will later on this week write more about the Pitlochry Games on my blog on my website www.carl-peterson.com. It is by the way the last Scottish festival of the season in Scotland and it finished with a bang, lovely weather, 70 degrees and not a cloud in the sky to start the day. More later.

No comments: